HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Flexible First Aid training
More delivery options
Courses just for $97
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
(Includes HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
and HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support)
Provide First Aid is a mix of knowledge and practical tasks which will equip you with all the know-how, skills and confidence needed to provide effective First Aid in line with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines in a number of high-stress emergency situations.
Experience higher quality for lower prices with First Aid Course Gold Coast
Group or Workplace Bookings
For group or workplace First Aid training requirements, The First Aid Course Gold Coast can come to you! Sessions are run during business hours and all material, equipment and resources are provided. To learn more. contact our corporate team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate or Former Titles
Senior First Aid
First Aid Refresher
Apply First Aid
First Aid update course
Accredited Units of Competency
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
First Aid Courses Near Me
With locations spread right across the Gold Coast, you’re sure to find a session that suits you. All our Gold Coast locations have on-site or adjacent street parking and are accessible by public transport. All locations are equipped with the latest industry-standard first aid training materials and resources. Complimentary tea and coffee is available at all First Aid Course Gold Coast training facilities.
First Aid Course Requirements
To be successful, students should:
Gold Coast First Aid Professionals
At First Aid Pro we pride ourselves on our ability to consistently deliver high quality first aid training at affordable prices. Students and employers alike are constantly giving us great feedback on all aspects of our training including, customer service, support, course content, trainers and delivery.
2020 Student Satisfaction Survey – 16,000 respondents
Overall Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The First Aid Course Gold Coast delivers training that is the best of its kind. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 40407) renowned for providing the Gold Coast’s most comprehensive, innovative, flexible and highly regarded First Aid training. If you are looking for training that incorporates key knowledge requirements with the very latest industry-approved and used practical First Aid skills, look no further than the First Aid Course Gold Coast.
Our accredited and nationally recognised training includes all relevant Australian and New Zealand industry standards, recommendations and protocols and takes into consideration the following First Aid guidelines ANZCOR Guideline 2 – Managing an Emergency, ANZCOR Guideline 3 – Recognition and First Aid Management of the Unconscious Person, ANZCOR Guideline 4 – Airway, ANZCOR Guideline 5 – Breathing, ANZCOR Guideline 6 – Compressions, ANZCOR Guideline 7 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED) in Basic Life Support (BELS), ANZCOR Guideline 8 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.1 – Trauma, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.2 – Medical, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.3 – Environment, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.4 – Envenomation, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.5 – Poisoning.
Our group and corporate team are fully mobile and can come to you or your business or team, wherever you are, anywhere on the Gold Coast including Labrador, Main Beach, Molendinar, Ashmore, Nerang, Carrara, Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach, Miami, Robina, Varsity Lakes, Mudgeeraba, Reedy Creek, Burleigh Heads, Elanora, Tugun, Currumbin Waters, Bilinga, Coolangatta, Tweed Heads and surrounds.
Anything you need to complete a First Aid course is provided to you by The First Aid Course Gold Coast. Personal Protective Equipment, Learner Guides, CPR and First Aid training videos, material, equipment and resources are all included.
Topics covered in our First Aid course video content include: bandages and slings, external bleeding, emergency action plan, drug overdose, drowning, dislocation, diabetes, closed fracture, burns, asthma, angina, amputations, AED set up, abdominal wound, eye injury, first aid kits, spider bite, snake bite, safety, partial choke, open fracture, nose bleed, manual handling, jellyfish stings, infection prevention, hypothermia, heat stroke, heat exhaustion, head wound, fractured ribs, stroke and spinal injury. If you need to learn it, The First Aid Course Gold Coast teaches it.
First Aid courses can be booked online or by contacting our friendly customer service team on 08 8382 4677 or at email@example.com. Our operating hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
First Aid Course Gold Coast runs First Aid courses 7 days a week. To find an upcoming session near you visit our course calendar or call or email us today.
At The First Aid Course Gold Coast, your health and safety is our first priority. Measures to control infection and COVID-19 safe practices are in practice across all our training facilities. Please contact us and reschedule your training if you feel unwell, experience any symptoms or have been in close contact with a COVID-positive case. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
First Aid Pro Gold Coast prides itself on offering its course participants high quality training and excellent customer service which does not end once the classroom session is over. We do our best to ensure that all candidates who have successfully completed our HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (including HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (BELS) and HLTAID012 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)) receive a Nationally Accredited First Aid Certificate issued by First Aid Pro (RTO: 40407) on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (Terms and Conditions apply).
Whilst full and complete course details can be found by downloading our course PDF HERE some of the core skills covered in the course include:
✓ How to perform CPR on adults and infants
✓ How to operate an Defibrillator known as a AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
✓ How to use an EpiPen to treat anaphylaxis
✓ First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
✓ Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
✓ Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
✓ Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
✓ Assessing and moving a sick or injured person you Control of infectious diseases
✓ Legal responsibilities of a first aider
Demonstrated knowledge required to complete the tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit:
- Guidelines and procedures including:
- ARC guidelines relevant to the provision of first aid
- First aid guidelines from Australian national peak clinical bodies
- Potential incident hazards and risk minimisation processes when providing first aid
- Infection control procedures, including use of standard precautions and resuscitation barrier devices
- Requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aid codes of practice
- Appropriate workplace or site procedures relevant to the provision of first aid
- Contents of first aid kits
- Legal, workplace and community considerations including:
- Duty of care requirements
- Own skills and limitations
- Consent and how it relates to the conscious and unconscious casualty
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Awareness of potential need for stress management techniques and available support for rescuers
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- Upper airway and effect of positional change
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED (defibrillator)
- Safety and maintenance procedures for an AED
- Chain of survival
- How to access emergency services
- Techniques for providing CPR to adults, children and infants including:
- How to recognise that a casualty is unconscious and not breathing normally
- Rate, ratio and depth of compressions and ventilations
- Correct hand positioning for compressions
- Basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR
- Signs, symptoms and management of the following conditions and injuries:
- Allergic reaction
- Non-life-threatening and life-threatening bleeding
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Envenomation – all current treatments
- Eye injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, strains and sprains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Minor wounds
- Sharps injuries
At the First Aid Course Gold Coast, we understand that our customers lead busy lives. Whilst we do have mandatory pre-course reading requirements. It is self-paced and self-managed. We hope, that having the freedom to choose when and how you complete these prerequisites will make the process easier and more enjoyable for you. The actual amount of time required for each learner to complete the pre-reading and quiz varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills and experience.
First Aid Pro Gold Coast runs HLTAID011 Provide First Aid courses 7 days a week in many locations from 9:00am to 3:00pm. (Frequency may vary). Or you can book workplace training where we come to you. Just get in touch via email or phone and we can take care of the rest!
Whether you are undertaking a Nationally Registered training course, or are an international student undertaking a qualification in Australia, you must have a valid USI. This number is your unique identifier for life, so even if you have completed any formal study since 2015 it is likely that you may already have an USI that you can use. Obtaining an USI is free and can take less than 5 minutes. To create a USI or search the USI Registry if you have forgotten yours click HERE.
The participant will show the ability to complete tasks outlined in the criteria of this unit, manage tasks, and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
Practice and assessment will be completed has completed the following tasks in line with State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies and workplace or site procedures:
- Managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, breathing casualty including appropriate positioning to reduce the risk of airway compromise
- Managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, non-breathing adult, including:
- Performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Following the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
- Demonstrating a rotation of single rescuer operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Responding appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, non-breathing infant, including:
- Performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Managed casualties, with the following:
- Non-life-threatening bleeding
- Envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, using appropriate immobilisation techniques
- Minor wound cleaning and dressing
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid incident contextualised to the candidate’s workplace or community setting, where the candidate has no knowledge of the casualty’s condition prior to starting treatment, including:
- Identifying the casualty’s illness or injury through history, signs and symptoms
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Providing appropriate first aid treatment
- Conveying incident details to emergency services or advising casualty on any required post incident action
- Providing an accurate verbal and written report of the incident
- Reviewing the incident.
All our First Aid Courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
First Aid Pro, First Aid Course Endorsements