HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - CPR
Flexible First Aid training
Online learning is perfect for those students who are familiar with the course content, short on time or prefer online study. By completing the learning and knowledge requirements of this course online and in your own time, you then attend a short face-to-face trainer-led demonstration and assessment only class.
Complete both your knowledge and practical tasks in a single 2-hour-trainer-led classroom session. This is traditional training, perfect for those that prefer the hands-on approach of a face-to-face trainer-led class. For ease and convenience, no online assessment is required, you only need to complete a self-paced reading and quiz prior to attending the class.
More delivery options
Courses from just $39
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is a mix of knowledge and practical tasks which will equip you with all the know-how, skills and confidence needed to provide effective CPR to casualties not breathing normally in line with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
Experience high quality with our low prices at First Aid Course Gold Coast
Group or Workplace Bookings
For group or workplace CPR training requirements, The First Aid Course Gold Coast can come to you! Sessions are run during business hours, and all material, equipment and resources are provided. To learn more. contact our corporate team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate or Former Titles
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
CPR update course
Accredited CPR Unit of Competency
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
CPR Courses Near Me
With locations spread right across the Gold Coast, you’re sure to find a session that suits you. All our Gold Coast locations have on-site or adjacent street parking and are accessible by public transport. All locations are equipped with the latest industry-standard first aid training materials and resources. Complimentary tea and coffee is available at all First Aid Course Gold Coast training facilities.
CPR Course Requirements
To be successful, students should:
Gold Coast First Aid Professionals
At First Aid Pro we pride ourselves on our ability to consistently deliver high quality first aid training at affordable prices. Students and employers alike are constantly giving us great feedback on all aspects of our training including, customer service, support, course content, trainers and delivery.
2020 Student Satisfaction Survey – 16,000 respondents
Overall Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
The First Aid Course Gold Coast delivers training that is the best of its kind. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 40407) renowned for providing Gold Coast’s most comprehensive, innovative, flexible and highly regarded First Aid training. If you are looking for training that incorporates key knowledge requirements with the very latest industry-approved and used practical First Aid skills, look no further than First Aid Course Gold Coast.
Our accredited and nationally recognised training includes all relevant Australian and New Zealand industry standards, recommendations and protocols and takes into consideration the following First Aid guidelines ANZCOR Guideline 2 – Managing an Emergency, ANZCOR Guideline 3 – Recognition and First Aid Management of the Unconscious Person, ANZCOR Guideline 4 – Airway, ANZCOR Guideline 5 – Breathing, ANZCOR Guideline 6 – Compressions, ANZCOR Guideline 7 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED) in Basic Life Support (BELS), ANZCOR Guideline 8 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.1 – Trauma, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.2 – Medical, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.3 – Environment, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.4 – Envenomation, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.5 – Poisoning.
Our group and corporate team are fully mobile and can come to you or your business or team, wherever you are, anywhere on the Gold Coast including Labrador, Main Beach, Molendinar, Ashmore, Nerang, Carrara, Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach, Miami, Robina, Varsity Lakes, Mudgeeraba, Reedy Creek, Burleigh Heads, Elanora, Tugun, Currumbin Waters, Bilinga, Coolangatta, Tweed Heads and surrounds.
Anything you need to complete a First Aid course is provided to you by The First Aid Course Gold Coast. Personal Protective Equipment, Learner Guides, CPR and First Aid training videos, material, equipment and resources are all included.
Topics covered in our First Aid course video content include: bandages and slings, external bleeding, emergency action plan, drug overdose, drowning, dislocation, diabetes, closed fracture, burns, asthma, angina, amputations, AED set up, abdominal wound, eye injury, first aid kits, spider bite, snake bite, safety, partial choke, open fracture, nose bleed, manual handling, jellyfish stings, infection prevention, hypothermia, heat stroke, heat exhaustion, head wound, fractured ribs, stroke and spinal injury. If you need to learn it, The First Aid Course Gold Coast teaches it.
First Aid courses can be booked online or by contacting our friendly customer service team on 08 8382 4677 or at email@example.com. Our operating hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
First Aid Course Gold Coast runs First Aid courses 7 days a week. To find an upcoming session near you visit our course calendar or call or email us today.
In these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our participants is First Aid Pro’s top priority. All our facilities have implemented infection control measures to do our part in curbing the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We ask any participants who are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms to contact us and reschedule your training for another date. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you complete a First Aid Pro training program, you will not only leave with exceptional first aid, CPR knowledge and skills, but you will also receive a fully accredited CPR certificate. After successfully finishing your HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course, you can expect to receive your certification on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
After Successful Completion of the CPR Course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Certificate Issued by First Aid Pro (RTO:40407)
- How to perform CPR on adults and infants
- How to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
- Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
- Assessing and moving a sick or injured person
- Control of infectious diseases
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
As a core first aid skill, the administration of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can drastically improve a person’s chance of surviving an injury and making a full recovery. Given that CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of the first aid course Perth most popular courses available.
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
At the First Aid Course Gold Coast, we understand that our customers lead busy lives. Whilst we do have mandatory pre-course reading requirements. It is self-paced and self-managed. We hope, that having the freedom to choose when and how you complete these prerequisites will make the process easier and more enjoyable for you. The actual amount of time required for each learner to complete the pre-reading and quiz varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills and experience.
First Aid Pro Course Gold Coast runs HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses 7 days a week in many locations from 9:00am to 11am. (Frequency may vary). Or talk to us to book workplace training where we come to you.
All students undertaking a Nationally Registered training course in Australia must have a valid a Unique Student Identifier (USI). USI’s only need be created once, and the number generated is yours for life. So, if have completed any formal study since 2015 it is likely that you may already have a USI that you can use. Obtaining a USI is free and takes less than 5 minutes. To create a USI or search the USI Registry if you have forgotten yours click HERE.
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
All our First Aid Courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
First Aid Pro, First Aid Course Endorsements